Thanksgiving Top 10Posted: November 22, 2012
“A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer.”
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
- God’s unending blessings in my life.
- My family – splendid children, husband, mother, in-laws, siblings and nieces and nephews.
- The Meal. Let’s be serious, this is the focus of the day. I cook for hours in an attempt to deliver the perfect feast each year. After weeks of analyzing new recipes, reconsidering the tried and true, I end up serving up too much of both.
- Running. I ran the Thanksgiving 5K this morning, not only to earn my turkey (ri-ight), but in gratitude for an activity that has enhanced and redefined my life.
- Alexis is back in Georgia!
- 20 years of employment at the Happiness Factory.
- Chef Velez off-duty for the best holiday of the year.
- This great country.
- Spending a pre-holiday weekend in the capital with our DC based kids.