Thanksgiving Top 10Posted: November 22, 2012 Filed under: Family, Running Leave a comment
“A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer.”
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
- God’s unending blessings in my life.
- My family – splendid children, husband, mother, in-laws, siblings and nieces and nephews.
- The Meal. Let’s be serious, this is the focus of the day. I cook for hours in an attempt to deliver the perfect feast each year. After weeks of analyzing new recipes, reconsidering the tried and true, I end up serving up too much of both.
- Running. I ran the Thanksgiving 5K this morning, not only to earn my turkey (ri-ight), but in gratitude for an activity that has enhanced and redefined my life.
- Alexis is back in Georgia!
- 20 years of employment at the Happiness Factory.
- Chef Velez off-duty for the best holiday of the year.
- This great country.
- Spending a pre-holiday weekend in the capital with our DC based kids.
10 of 12 in 2012Posted: November 11, 2012 Filed under: Running Leave a comment
“Every finish line is the beginning of a new race.”
–L’il Wayne “I’m Into You”
With the year winding down, I ran race number 10. A sweet little 5K with several challenging hills in and around Emory University. At 43 degrees it was a bit chilly, but the brilliant sun made it perfect nevertheless.
Tempting me across the finish line – a delectable Yogli Mogli froyo reward. I have no shame when I say – I run for food.
All About The MedalPosted: October 29, 2012 Filed under: Family, Running Leave a comment
“Your feet must be hurting from kicking so much ass!”
– sign seen on Peachtree Street during race
I didn’t have one. I coveted and wished, but hadn’t committed to a race that rewarded me with one. Until yesterday. Thanks to my teammates, I finally got me some race bling at the 2012 Atlanta Marathon Relay. And it’s so fine.
I can also check off my wish to run a race with each of the kids this year. Done and done since together with Ramon, Alexis and Gabriel I completed the relay. We are team All About the Medal.
Get It, Me!Posted: August 18, 2012 Filed under: Running 1 Comment
“Always strive for constant and never-ending improvement
in everything you do.” – Jack Canfield
A new PR – 10.09. Single digits, here I come!
2012 AJC Peachtree Road RacePosted: July 4, 2012 Filed under: Running Leave a comment
Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
I Placed What?!?Posted: June 2, 2012 Filed under: Journey, Running Leave a comment
Amazing Mother Runners!Posted: April 25, 2012 Filed under: Running Leave a comment
Last Friday, I had the privilege to attend a private party and book reading in honor of Badass Mother Runners Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea who are my daily source of inspiration, education and celebration on my running adventure.
The evening was so much fun, and it was a privilege to be among this lovely group of Georgia mother runners. The swag bags with 3 pairs of socks, big tube of FlexPower muscle rub, Body Glide, two tubes of Nuun electrolyte water tabs and a super 20% off coupon for Lucy (what?!?) merchandise were just icing on the proverbial cake of celebrity hobnobbing!
And, since it’s true, I HAD to get “This is the easiest part of my day” shirt. Done and done.